*yes I am reposting this because blogger lost 30 or so comments on this one? I can’t respond to any of those fab comments that were left because I’m not smart enough to remember what you said! Sorry!
1. Help organize and run a major school fundraiser exactly one week before your very first European vacation.
2. Six days before vacation, start major renovation of basement. Certainly that won’t take up any of your time. The contractors will always be respectful and punctual and will not add any stress to your already jam packed barely manageable everyday routine. Dumbass.
3. Suddenly decide you are Martha Stewart. Volunteer to serve Hot Lunch at the kids school, take a fancy dessert to a friends engagement party, and cook dinners for a family having a hard time. Seriously?
4. Spend precious hours you do not have searching in vain for shoes that are both comfortable and pretty. Finally settle on ugly but comfy. Screw it. Decide to wear bright lipstick and a tight top….then no one will look at those feet.
5. Begin to hatch a plan to have 9 little outfits pressed and ready to go for each child. Add to this 9 little gifts, one for each day you are away. (this is clearly to alleviate Mommy guilt) The sheer magnitude of organizing the house, the dog, the cat, the kids plus the outfits and the gifts leads to one classic case of insomnia.
Congratulations you are officially stressed out!
Breathe….it will all be worth it in the end.
End of rant.