What’s the deal? I don’t take a huge amount of stock in the signs and the stars….but apparently the world is way out of whack. Changes in the earths alignment have caused the zodiac signs to change and they have added a 13th sign to the mix? Ophiuchus. Yah, I can’t say that one. Our old system set up by the Babylon’s about 3000 years ago, she is good no more. So apparently the last 39 years I spent as a Gemini. Over. I am now a Taurus. Can they do this?
Look, here are the “new” signs.
Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
Now that I am saying goodbye to being a Gemini does this mean I am no longer:
- Adaptable and versatile-Wait a sec, never was.
- Communicative and witty- Oh oh. This could be trouble for the blog.
- Intellectual and eloquent- I can deal.
- Youthful and lively- Well, I am turning 40 this year.
- Nervous and tense- I’d be happy to let this go.
- Superficial and inconsistent-Still not leaving the house without lip gloss. I vow this will remain consistent.
- Selfish-That is just mean. I was never selfish.
- Good at communication-Wine helps me communicate and you can’t take that away from me!
- Flexible-Again…almost 40, flexible was on it’s way out anyway.
So the Zodiac Gods have thrown me a curve ball and I am now a Taurus and represented by a Bull? Gee, that is so not sexy. Not a fab start to 2011. My new personality traits:
- Compassionate-Yep, bleeding heart all the way.
- Stubborn-I would agree. So would my Hubby and kids.
- Sensitive-Yes, too sensitive
- Loyal and reliable-Like a Labrador retriever baby.
- Aggressive-No, this one is wrong, unless it is a bowl of ice cream or someone is picking on my kids. Then I will attack. Wait, did that sound aggressive?
- Strong – Physically as well as emotionally-When I have to be..I think all women are.
- Dislikes change-True!
- Warm hearted and loving-Check.
- Persistent and determined-Um yes, this one made Hubby chuckle. I might have a problem with persistent. I prefer “determined”.
- Placid and security loving-Oh yes please!
- Jealous and possessive-Is there something wrong with this?
- Resentful and inflexible-Only if you do me wrong.
Shock. Maybe I am a Taurus after all! The universe shook things up but good. I think the next 40 or 50 years might be very interesting! Do you give the zodiac signs any thought? I want to know! Did your sign change? Do you care?
Yes you still can vote for me as one of Babbles Top Bloggers. Find me alphabetically here #201 Page 5. I would love it if you find me worthy if a thumbs up!