Just about forever and a day ago some wonderful bloggy friends bestowed some awards on me! I pay my bills on time, am never late to pick my kids up from school and am ridiculously anal about showing up for coffee at the appointed hour as expected, yet for some reason I can never get these fab awards posted in a timely manner. Sorry.
So let’s do it! This first little beauty goes to bloggers who write blog posts so dang well that you would walk through a cloud of noxious, skin-melting dog farts, to get to your computer, to read them. Flattering? I think so?!
I present the super smelly Bull Dog Award courtesy of two insanely good reads Much More Than Mommy and A Parent’s Life to Behold Through Insanity and Bliss!! If I had more time I would truly sit on my butt eating bon bons and reading your brilliant blog posts all the live long day.
The second Tardy Award comes from Heather at Two Little Monkeys Plus Hubby. She has bestowed upon me (forever ago) the Happy 101 Award. Who doesn’t need a little happy?
Now with the award comes some rules:
List 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and link back to the person that tagged you. Then tag 10 other bloggers that brighten your day.
So here are 10 things that make me happy.
1. The Hubby and kids. duh
2. Appies and wine with good girlfriends
3. New shoes and bags. Yes I am that shallow:)
4. Planning the next vacation.
5. Taking that vacation.
6. Splashing in the pool with the kids.
7. PJ days with the fam. A day spent playing games, cuddling and watching movies. No phone, no computer.
8. Take-out. Any night I don’t have to cook is a gooood night.
9. A roaring fire on a cold winter night. Anytime really.
10. Catching that perfect shot on my camera.
That list does make me smile.
Being tagged means I have to describe 7 things about myself that you don’t already know. In turn, I choose 7 other bloggers to do the same. Sounds like fun eh?
Seven things that I have not already vented, emoted or in general just complained about. Okay, for these two fabulous bloggers I will give it a try!
My list of 7’s is as follows:
1. I hate confrontation and will avoid it when ever possible. I am a lover not a fighter.
2. I could eat popcorn every day of my life. I have a problem.
3. I have not worn a bra in 6 months because of a broken rib that will not heal properly. I am rocking the tank tops!
4. One of my favourite outfits. My jeans and Hubby’s huge sweatshirt. (corny..I know, but it’s cold in Canada and his sweatshirts are warm and cozy and smell so good)
5. I love hotdogs, but hotdogs don’t like me. Instant migraine, must be the msg.
6. I am just a little bit like Sheldon from the Big Bang theory. Not in the brilliant computer savvy geeky way, more in the tall, every ache could be a tumour, like my cushions just so way. I heart him. I get it.
7. My real name is……Ha ha ha I’m not telling you that!
Since I am so bad at fulfilling the requirements of these awards in a timely manner I really don’t think it fair to pass them on and expect others to do what took me such a shamefully long time. Now that I have said that, I would be beyond thrilled if any of you lovely peeps would pick up one of these babies or tagged yourself with this meme. I really really would! Please do and come on back and tell me about it k?
PS In the post before this I mentioned that my ever
piece of crap faithful computer crashed. So I am posting these tags and awards from memory. Yes I said memory, not to be trusted. Apologies to anyone I have missed. Feel free to call me out, just remember I am a lover not a fighter so be gentle.