Deb from Menopausal New Mom tagged me today and it was just the kick in the pants I needed to get out another long over due award!
I think I will start with…
The PIMP Award
Matty Thoughts -What? You haven’t read him yet? It’s time!
Now back to the Tag!
I’ve been asked to explain what it is that makes me a true authentic Mom, A Theta Mom.
A Modern Mom if you will! Ha
1. My kids come first. They have from the moment I peed on the stick and the double lines showed up. They know they are safe and protected and loved. They know they will always have a safe place to fall and a Mommy who will encourage and push them to be their best.
2. I also try to be true to myself…and hang on to a little bit of the authentic me! The years are flying by and one day before I am ready these two little birds are going to leave the nest. I will be left behind with just the hubby. To that end I cherish and nurture the relationship I have with Hubby. I think showing this to my girls, leading by example, teaching them that the world does not revolve around them but that Mom has to have a life, I am preparing them for their lives ahead. Preparing me too!
Enough with the deep thoughts!
3. I have walked through the grocery store with baby spit up on my shirt and a baseball hat on my head. Sometimes you do what you have to do. This is real Mom.
4. I have told the kids NO they can not have cookies before breakfast and then snuck 3 with my morning coffee.
5. I have stood in line a half hour before the opening of a store to get the coveted Christmas Toy of the year that is marked down 50% and in short supply all over the city. Maybe they are a bit spoiled but the light and excitement in their eyes when they tear open that Christmas Gift from Santa and I get no credit….that is what a real Mom does.
There are no limits to what a ModernMom can do…or how many people she can tag for this wee meme. I’m choosing just one!
Suz…I’m tagging you!
Please go over and visit the cutest blogger, and most honest environmental lovin Mom ever.
To all my other invisible friends….What is it that makes you a real ModernMom? Feel free to play along, I’d love to hear I am not alone!