There is this new craze going around on facebook. You are asked to open up your heart and dump out 25 things about yourself that your friends don’t know. So I sat down with my pen and paper and started writing. What would be on my list? What do I want to share with my friends and my “friends”…you know..the people who sent you that little “add me” and for a second you thought cool! I have not talked to you in years! Or that’s nice that the people who work for my husband think I’m a friend. But this has screwed me! I can’t pour my heart out to these people! What if I reveal too much? Not enough? What if they show their friends? What if my life comes off as boring? I found I was sensoring my list! Forget it. So..instead I will put it on this blog where probably no one will read it anyway, and if they do….it will be someone just like me. Someone not judging, just sharing and trying to get the most out of each day. On that note..for what it is worth…my 25 Things.
1. My husband is my best friend and I thank god for him everyday.
2. My children are my true joy.
3. I prefer quiet evenings at home over just about anything else.
4. I dream of seeing Paris and the countryside of Italy, and fear it won’t happen until we are old and grey.
5. When I’m quiet, or come off as standoffish, it’s probably because the pain in my head is silently killing me. It’s not you! Please don’t take it personally.
6. I’m truly grateful for my friends and would do anything for them. True friendship is so rare.
7. I do not easily let people in.
8. I desire to, need to, find a way to give back to the world. Odd charity work here and there is great, but I don’t think I have paid it forward just yet.
9. I am amazed at how strong women can be. My girlfriends, their lives, stories, triumphs and struggles continue to inspire me every day.
10. I have been bullied.
11. I have had my heart broken.
12. I love to peek in on my children when they are sleeping. You can still catch a glimpse of the babies they used to be.
13. If I could only eat one snack food for the rest of my life it would be popcorn!
14. I wish the school week was only 4 days long so I could have more time with my children. There are not enough hours in the week let alone the day.
15. I am trying to cherish the moment.
16. I am a worrier….about pretty much everything. I need to learn to let it go………
17. I am a crier. I cry when I’m sad, when I’m happy, proud or even at a really good American Express Commercial! I think being pregnant messed with my hormones!
18. I am truly disgusted with how mean little girls can be. High school like behaviour is showing up in the primary grades. Do unto others, respect, love…not gossip, and bully please! Us girls have to stick together!
19. I am a bit of germ a phob! I do not appreciate it when people send their sick kids to school, or give me a hug and tell me they have had the flu all week! Eww. Keep your germs to yourself please!
20. Some of my favorite memories growing up as a kid are at our cottage are with no TV, no computer or phone. Just boats, canoes, swings and fishing. I hope I am making great memories for my kids.
21. I understand the value of good health.
22. I cherish our family vacations and start countdowns to them ridiculously early.
23. I value truth and honesty.
24. I hate the dentist. It is irrational…but true.
25. I am blessed, or perhaps I should say my girls are blessed to have my hubby as their Daddy. He loves them with his whole heart and is an equal partner in this adventure we call parenting.
~Ok so ..that was kind of therapeutic 🙂